CEREC Crowns & Restorations
- Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics
Geelong Smile Studio are exceptionally proud to once again be at the absolute forefront of dentistry and be able to offer our patients the very best and latest in dental technology.
Introducing CEREC - a revolutionary Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD-CAM) machine which enables precise ceramic restorations - crowns, inlays, onlays, and amalgam replacement to be performed in a SINGLE visit!
This state-of-the-art technology has revolutionised chairside dentistry.
How does it work?
If you have a broken tooth, have some decay or old amalgam restorations you wish to have replaced, the tooth will be prepared for your new ceramic restoration whilst preserving as much healthy tooth structure are possible. A state-of-the-art digital 3D image is taken (no impressions) to create a virtual model of your tooth on the computer screen. Dr. Jason Gray will then design and customise the ceramic restoration to your specific clinical needs.
At this stage, some people like to put their feet up in our private tranquillity room, with a reclining lounge and TV, but most (99%) people want to see this amazing technology at work.
At the touch of a keyboard, the ceramic block in our on-site milling unit (we call him Derek the CEREC) is machined to our exact design specifications. Within 10-15 minutes, the square ceramic block has been transformed into a precise, ceramic, tooth coloured restoration.
Once the milling is complete, the restoration is polished, fitted and then bonded in place.
The entire process to create a tooth-like, strong, durable CEREC ceramic restoration can now be completed in less than 2 hours.
The advantages of CEREC include:
- Single visit Crown & Restoration procedures - Only one appointment required to prepare tooth and insert crown or restoration.
- No impressions needed - CEREC involves a painless digital image – no more gagging on that terrible impression material.
- No temporary crowns - Which were often poorly fitting and uncomfortable.
- Can protect and preserve natural tooth structure - By giving teeth greater strength and stability.
- Metal - free restorations
- Highly aesthetic
- Longer lasting - Than the regular white filling material – composite resin.
- Biocompatible - Repels bacteria and plaque.
- Natural Look and feel
- Affordable and cost effective
- Clinically Proven
- Extremely Precise
If you are looking for beautiful dental restorations that can be done in one appointment,
then please contact us for a CEREC consultation.