At your first visit to Geelong Smile studio, we start by collecting a wide range of information, so that we can treat you in the best way possible.
The information we'll collect includes:
- Medical history
- Dental expectations, desires, oral hygiene practices
More details of what will happen on your first visit:
We will need to start by looking at some things that are not actually in your mouth!
- TMJ jaw joint palpations
- Muscles involved in jaw movements palpation
- Lymph node examination
Then we will examine your mouth. We will look at:
- Soft tissues – oral cancer and other pathology. Examination of the lips, cheeks, tongue, palate, gums.
- Gum assessment.
- Teeth – examination assesses missing teeth, existing restorations, presence of decay, tooth vitality.
- We will assess your 'bite' (Occlusal analysis) and the presence of any damaging parafunctional activity.
- We may take some Xrays (intra-oral radiographs) – to enable us to 'see' between teeth and under any restorations for decay or other pathology.
- Study models – required for complex treatment plans.
- Digital dental photographs.
Other areas assessed:
- Oral hygiene levels.
- Dietary assessment.
- Orthodontic assessment.
- Cosmetic smile assessment.
During this visit we can provide you with a written report of the proposed item numbers, proposed fee and a detailed treatment plan if requested.
Your first visit to the dentist - your first step towards a healthy, beautiful smile.